Now Hiring: (updated 3/22/17
Golf Course Maintenance
The Minikahda Club is now accepting applications for the position of Equipment Technician, available immediately. This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position. The Minikahda Club is located in Minneapolis adjacent to Lake Calhoun. The club was founded in 1898 and has played host to a number of National and Local championships and is this year’s host of the USGA Senior Amateur. Annual rounds are around 26,000.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Knowledge of small engines, diesel motors, hydraulics, electrical systems, reel mowers.
• Knowledge of Foley reel and bed knife grinders.
• Attention to detail maintaining the equipment to the highest standards.
• Support the Superintendent and Assistants in daily preparation of equipment.
• Support Assistant mechanic, working as a team for the common good of the club and operation.
• Team player, willing to assist the department when and wherever needed.
• Assist with the decision making process for Capital Equipment purchases.
• Organizational, administrative and computer skills
• Ability to communicate with and train staff
• Self-motivated, you will not be micro-managed, you will be empowered to be a decision maker
• Work under pressure and prioritize your workload
• Winter plowing duties
• $21-$24 per hour depending on qualifications. Overtime will be limited but may be required during the busiest time of the summer months, depending on events.
• Minikahda full-time employee benefits Medical, dental, 401K, vacation and personal time off.
• Uniforms and daily lunch provided.
• High School Diploma
• Valid Drivers License
• Prior golf course equipment management experience
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to:
Jeff Johnson, Golf Course Superintendent
The Minikahda Club
3205 Excelsior Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55435
Tennis Maintenance Position
May - September
Monday - Saturday 7:00am
(one or two days a week)
Position is seasonal and part time
tennis and grounds maintenance, water refill, towels, handyman jobs, weed and moss control, general pick up, irrigation knowledge a plus
Must work with others in a team environment - limited contact with members
Interested parties please fill out the application (a printable PDF version is available above)
and contact Gary Aasen at 612-926-1663